Steve Steve: An MP3 Blog

Monday, June 26, 2006

dance, dance, dance, and go crazy


Brother Daniel told me that if anyone acts like a sourpuss, ask them 'did I step on your trumpet?' It's this summer's hot catch phrase. In case you haven't heard Modest Mouse's summer party anthem, this summer we're all partying like we're waiting for year the 2000. Just the smell of the summer can make me fall in love. Listening to the sound of distant carnival drums and spanish guitars - oh the memories come a streamin, when i'm walkin round here dreamin, it's a sweet summer's night on hammer hill.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice update Eli. I think some show on NPR used that massive attack song for promos a couple of years back. Like the BBC or something. That is the only thing I can think about when I hear that song. Sitting in bed pitch black and that song coming on. Prolly not the memories you were hoping to stir up, but still strong none the less.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah that was me... sorry about the anon crap.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Eli said...

Louie, those are exactly the memories I was hoping to inspire. One of the most powerful interpretations of Massive Attack's 'teardrop' is that it is an advertisement for shows on NPR about the BBC. It's also great to listen to when high.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home